Are you looking for the best toenail clippers for thick nails?
Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered.
Let’s face it. Many people are a bit grossed out by feet. Especially feet with thick, discolored toenails.
It’s true that this certainly isn’t the most attractive foot feature, and it can cause many people to feel self conscious about their feet — and, even worse, can cause pain and discomfort if left untreated.
The good news is that with the correct maintenance, you can keep those thick toenails in check and prevent them looking like something out of a horror movie.
Read on to find out more…
- 1 Why Do Toenails Get Thick?
- 2 The Importance of Toenail Clippers
- 3 The Best Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails
- 3.1 Harperton Nippit – Precision Toenail Clippers for Thick or Ingrown Toenails
- 3.2 Kohm CP-140L Toenail Clipper for Thick Nails
- 3.3 Kohm CP-900 Toenail Clippers for Thick or Fungus Nails
- 3.4 Raniaco Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails
- 3.5 EZ Grip 360 Degree Rotary Toenail Clipper, Trimmer And Cutter
- 3.6 Fox Medical Equipment Medical Grade Toenail Clippers
- 3.7 FIXBODY Nail Clipper Set
- 3.8 Three Seven (777) Extra Large Toenail Clipper
Why Do Toenails Get Thick?
There are many different reasons behind why toenails thicken.
The first of which there is no avoiding — ageing.
As we get older, the rate at which our toenails grow decreases. This causes a build-up of layers of nail cells, of which the added bulk thickens our toenails.
Secondly — and also very importantly — is the fact that our feet work hard for us.
They carry our weight around everywhere we go, everyday, squished into shoes that may not be comfortable, always under pressure.
This constant stress on our feet — not to mention any additional trauma caused by accidents such as stubbing our toes or having heavy objects fall on them — can over time fundamentally alter the cells from which our toenails grow, resulting in thickening or even permanent deformation of the nails.
In addition to this there are various surprisingly common illnesses and infections which can contribute to toenail thickening.
Impaired circulation, fungal infections, and lymphatic problems can all cause toenails to thicken and discolor.
But there are ways to combat this unwanted problem.
Choosing correct, comfortable footwear that let your feet breathe and has plenty of space between the end of the shoe and the tips of your toes, plus a regime of foot health maintenance which includes regular nail clipping can help alleviate the problem of thick toenails or — particularly in the case of nail clipping which stop toenails cracking and splitting, thus greatly reducing the likelihood of fungal infection — can even prevent it.
If you’re wondering whether your thick toenails are due to fungus, check out this video to make sure:
The Importance of Toenail Clippers
When it comes to preventing and treating thick toenails with regular clipping, surely any old toenail clipper will do, right?
In fact it is very important to use appropriate clippers for thick nails. Using the wrong tool to clip your toenails could result in causing even more serious damage to your nails, leaving them open to infection, or even causing ingrown toenails which can sometimes require surgery to correct.
For thick toenails it’s necessary to get yourself armed with some heavy duty clippers.
The best nail clippers for thick toenails are strong and sturdy to handle tough nails without slipping or causing injury, and are sharp and precise to ensure they make a quick, clean cut.
Finding the best toenail clippers for thick nails might seem like an impossible mission — but don’t worry, help is at hand with our buying guide below.
Remember to clip the nails straight across, especially if you have had previous issues with ingrown toenails.
The Best Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails
Harperton Nippit – Precision Toenail Clippers for Thick or Ingrown Toenails
Specially designed with precision blades that can even ease the suffering of ingrown toenails, the Harperton Nippit Precision Toenail Clippers are one of the best contenders available on the market today.
These clippers are suitable for toenails of all shapes and sizes, while the ergonomic easy grip handles mean you won’t slip and injure your toes, and the blades are sure to give a sharp, clean cut.
- Give a precise cut
- Can aid in fighting fungal infections
- Non-slip grip
- Comfortable to use and safe
- Ideal for thick and/or ingrown toenails
- Easy to use on your self — even if you’re left handed
- They are very sharp and sturdy — great for your nails but remember to keep away from children
Kohm CP-140L Toenail Clipper for Thick Nails
The Kohm CP-140L are a pair of extra large toenail clippers for thick nails. They may look fierce, but that’s because they designed to be strong enough to take on toenails up to a whopping 4mm thick thanks to the super wide opening of their powerful steel blades.
The blades are curved to conform to the natural shape of your toenails, and these toenail clippers for thick nails also come equipped with a handy in-built steel nail file to buff away any rough edges.
- Wide, easy to grip handle
- Hygienic stainless steel
- Strong and sturdy
- Excellent quality
- Cut cleanly through thick toenails without effort
- Very easy to use on yourself
- Too sturdy to be used on normal sized and thin toe nails
Kohm CP-900 Toenail Clippers for Thick or Fungus Nails
Designed specifically with older people in mind, the Kohm CP-900 are a very popular pair of nail clippers for thick toenails.
They benefit from a soft and long, easy to grip handle that won’t hurt delicate hands when cutting, and the blades can be securely locked to prevent injury when not in use.
The pointed tip with sharp blades can help treat ingrown toenails, and these nail clippers for toenails open up to provide a one inch jaw space to give plenty of room to cut even the thickest of problem toenails.
- Very easy to use – excellent for seniors
- Good for people with larger hands
- Very sharp and powerful
- Pointed blades get right to the edges of the nail
- Very durable
- There have been one or two reports of the plastic coating of the handle slipping down a little
Raniaco Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails
The Raniaco Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails feature special spring technology which springs back effectively to ensure that using them requires minimal effort — great news for seniors and those suffering with arthritis.
The comfort and safety factors are also high due to the textured non slip grip handles. Surgical stainless steel blades are hygienic, durable, very sharp, and gently curved to easily follow the shape of your toenails as you cut, which gives a precise, even cut along the length of your nail.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Comes with handy storage container
- Great for cutting the sides of nails and for ingrown toenails
- Very sharp, precise cutting blades
- They come with a 30-day 100% money back policy satisfaction guarantee
- Reasonably expensive when advertised at full price
EZ Grip 360 Degree Rotary Toenail Clipper, Trimmer And Cutter
For sufferers of limited hand mobility or arthritis, the EZ Grip 360 Degree Rotary Stainless Steel toenail clipper is a lifesaver. These toenail clippers for thick nails can be easily rotated to absolutely any angle to achieve the perfect cut without effort.
The wide, flat handles are slightly longer than average, and are designed to be easy to grip, and the stainless steel blades give a good cut. These nail clippers for thick nails are not quite as sturdy and powerful as some of the other products on this list, however.
- Attractive, clever design
- Sharp blades give an accurate cut
- Comfortable, ergonomically designed grip
- Great for people with hand mobility issues — no twisting required!
- Not as hard-wearing as fully stainless steel toenail clippers
Fox Medical Equipment Medical Grade Toenail Clippers
Manufactured from highest quality stainless steel, these professional toenail clippers for thick nails are a favorite with podiatrists as they pack enough punch to tackle even the thickest of toenails, even those that are ingrown.
The long handles are easy to grip and add extra leverage without having to apply force, and feature an optional spring clip for even easier use. Sharp nipper blades are lightly curved, and come with a safety cover to protect from causing injury when not in use.
- Excellent for seniors or those with limited dexterity
- Sharp blades cut well through thick toenails
- Well made, good quality product
- Provide a precise cut
- Good size for even larger toenails
- Small nipping cuts work better than large cuts
FIXBODY Nail Clipper Set
Made from stylish, sleek black stainless steel, this dual nail clipper set from FIXBODY features clippers for both fingernails and toenails. With a really attractive price, these clippers will be a great buy for anyone on a strict budget.
The curved zinc alloy blades are designed to be super sharp and leave your nails with a nice, smooth cut, and the handles can be easily and comfortably gripped. These nail clippers for thick toenails also include a smart leather storage pouch.
- Great value for money
- Good quality and stylish design
- Give an excellent cut
- Storage pouch makes them ideal for traveling
- Very durable
- A few users report that these clippers are difficult to get underneath the nail if they’re particularly thick
Three Seven (777) Extra Large Toenail Clipper
With an overall length of 5.5 inches, these toenail clippers are extra long, and are capable of slicing through toenails up to 4mm thick.
Powerful stainless steel blades combine with a super long, smooth plastic handle that is easy to grip and gives great leverage. These clippers also come with a nail file and nail cleaning brush as part of the package.
- Excellent for people with larger hands
- Very effective at cutting thick toenails
- Attractive design
- Comfortable to use
- Good for people with limited mobility thanks to extended reach
- Some users find these clippers a little difficult to use
What are your favorite toenail clippers for thick nails?
1 thought on “The 8 Best Toenail Clippers For Thick Nails”
Comments are closed.