This post contains affiliate links, where we may be compensated for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for supporting our site! 🙂
One of the best ways to keep your body, feet and toes healthy is to use an antifungal body wash daily.
These specialist washes kill any lurking fungus and stop the spread of any fungal infections you might already be suffering from – athlete’s foot, toenail fungus or jock itch, for instance.
There are a huge number of antifungal body wash products on the market – but not all are created equal.
What makes a good antifungal body wash?
The best antifungal body washes are both effective at destroying fungus while being safe and gentle to use on your skin. They’ll use natural ingredients that soothe and soften your body, quell any bad odours and put paid to any fungus.
Essential oils like tea tree and oregano are known for their powerful antifungal and antiseptic qualities, without causing any side effects like some of the synthetic antifungal medications are known for.
You should avoid products that are particularly strong and stringent: while they might destroy any fungus you have been harbouring, they’re also likely to break down the elasticity of your skin and leave you with long-term problems.
Ideally, you want an antifungal body wash that also contains ingredients designed to soothe your skin.
Natural moisturisers like aloe vera, coconut, olive and jojoba oils are particularly effective skin-nourishers while herbs like peppermint and rosemary are known for their refreshing qualities.
Quality costs more
As with any product, you’ll find that the best quality antifungal body washes are more expensive than their synthetic chemical-filled counterparts.
The best ingredients – even all-natural ones – always cost more.
You should view a quality antifungal body wash as an investment. While the initial outlay may be a little more expensive, chances are you’ll need to spend less in the long-run on antifungal medications and prescriptions, moisturisers and other skin products to keep your body healthy.
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to antifungal body washes and it can be overwhelming with each product making far-reaching claims as to it’s benefits.
Fear not, however, as we’ve rounded up the best 5 antifungal body washes available on the market right now and given them honest, in-depth reviews to allow you to make the best decision.
The best antifungal body washes
- Contains a concentrated combination of tea tree, jojoba, coconut, rosemary, olive, oregano, peppermint, aloe and eucalyptus oils – natural antifungals, antiseptics and antimicrobials
- 100% pure and natural so its gentle on your skin
- It’s good for cleansing your skin, hair and nails
- Leaves skin fresh and moisturised
- Tackles fungi, bacteria, microbes and body odor
- Brings rapid relief for athlete’s foot, jock itch and psoriasis
- Those who prefer neutral-smelling body wash may find the essential oils’ scent quite powerful
This is another best-selling body wash that is known for being particularly tough on fungal infections. Just because it’s tough doesn’t mean it’s not soothing, however – it’s full of natural nourishing moisturisers.
- Extra strength therapeutic grade essential oils for removal of fungus, including tea tree oil
- Made in the USA and not tested on animals
- Contains no parabens, petroleum, silicone, synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Combats athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, jock itch, ringworm, body odour and other skin irritations
- Infused with aloe vera, Atlantic sea kelp and Vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E to keep skin nourished
- Comes with a 45-day money back guarantee
- Doesn’t foam as readily as some other body washes
- Includes no preservatives, thickeners, detergents, petroleum, silicone, synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Contains tea tree and other essential oils, including neem oil, to tackle fungus and bacteria
- Very concentrated and foams easily
- Gentle on skin and enriched with Omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9
- Tackles body odour, athlete’s foot, ringworm, jock itch, toenail fungus, acne and more
- Subtle and refreshing mint scent
- There are no thickeners so the soap is very thin and easy to overuse as there’s no flow regulator on the cap. Dispense with care!
- Combats the fungus and bacteria responsible for body odour, athlete’s foot, toenail fungus, ringworm, jock itch, yeast infections and other skin infections
- Great as an acne body wash and can be used on the face
- Relieves dry and itchy skin with aloe vera, coconut, oil and jojoba oils
- No synthetic chemicals, colours, fragrances and preservatives, nor alcohol and detergents
- Made in the USA
- It’s not as effective on yeast infections as fungal infections
- It’s quite thin and is easy to overuse
- Tackles body acne, ringworm, yeast infections, athlete’s foot, psoriasis, body odour and nail fungus
- Less expensive than some of the other popular brands on this list
- Soothes dry, chafing and inflamed skin and hydrates it immeasurably
- Made in the USA and is cruelty-free
- Comes with a pump so is easy to dispense
- The scent of the tea tree oil is very strong
- It doesn’t lather very easily
You should now be in a position where you’ve got the knowledge and recommendations to make the best purchasing choice for you.
Remember, whatever you choose – it needs to be tough on fungus while soothing your skin.